First Call August 21, 2019
Aug 21, 2019
- I WILL BE ON BLOOMBERG TODAY AT 2:30PM EST WITH ABIGAIL DOOLITTLE "TRADING FUTURES"
- S&P futures up 0.7% after US equities finished lower in fairly uneventful trading on Tuesday. No great explanation for the strength as market remains in waiting mode for Powell on Friday.
- Asian markets narrowly mixed overnight. Japan and Australia lagged, while Hong Kong and South Korea advanced.
- European markets rallying. German 30 year auction weak
- Treasuries weaker with some curve flattening. Dollar stronger vs yen and sterling and little changed vs euro.
- Gold down 0.4%. WTI crude up 1.4%. WTI has a DeMark Countdown 13 today.