First Call September 5, 2019
Sep 5, 2019
- S&P futures up 0.8% after US equities rallied on Wednesday.
- Asian markets mostly higher overnight. Japan a standout, up more than 2%, while Hong Kong finished a touch weaker following a nearly 4% rally in the prior session.
- European markets seeing good gains.
- Treasuries under pressure across the curve with 10-year yield back above 1.50% and 30-year yield back above 2%.
- Dollar firmer vs yen but weaker vs euro. Sterling catching a bounce on talk of short covering.
- Gold down 0.5%. WTI crude up 0.2%.