First Call October 14, 2019
Oct 14, 2019
- S&P futures down 0.3%, off worst levels, after US equities, snapped a three-week losing streak last week.
- Asian markets mostly higher overnight with China a standout, up more than 1%. Japan was closed for a holiday.
- European markets are weaker.
- Treasury market closed for the Columbus Day holiday.
- Dollar a bit weaker vs yen while a touch better on euro cross. Sterling weakness the big story in FX on dampened Brexit optimism.
- Gold up 0.5%. WTI crude down 2.3%.