First Call October 31, 2019
Oct 31, 2019
- S&P futures down 0.3% after US equities finished mostly higher on Wednesday, ending near best levels.
- US-China trade and earnings the key focal points this morning.
- Asian markets mixed overnight. Mainland Chinese markets fell for another session while Hang Seng outperformed. Nikkei also higher.
- European markets lower. Treasuries extending their post-FOMC rally.
- Dollar a notable laggard on the yen cross, while also weaker vs euro and sterling. Gold up 0.9%. WTI crude down 0.5%.