First Call December 4, 2019
Dec 4, 2019
- S&P futures up 0.5%, near best levels
- However, renewed US-China trade deal optimism the main driver of this morning's upside.
- Treasuries are weaker with some curve steepening after a big move lower in rates in the prior session.
- Dollar little changed vs yen and euro. Sterling strength the story in FX on election sentiment.
- Gold down 0.1%. WTI crude up 1.9%.
- ADP Jobs data missed estimates +67k vs consensus of 140k.
- I'm flying back to Greenwich and will have all Market Conviction pages up to date later this afternoon and the Daily Note will return tomorrow