First Call December 11, 2020
Dec 11, 2020
- S&P and Nasdaq futures down 0.8% in Friday morning trading. US equities currently on track for weekly losses after rallying in four of the last five weeks.
- I posted the link for the replay of my appearance on Real Vision yesterday afternoon
- Asian markets mixed overnight with South Korea and Hong Kong higher while Japan ended down and China underperformed. European markets under pressure and on track for outsized weekly losses.
- Treasuries mostly firmer with some curve flattening.
- Dollar weaker vs yen but better vs euro.
- Sterling weakness on no-deal Brexit concerns remains the big story in FX.
- Gold down 0.1%.
- WTI crude down 0.2% but still on track for a sixth consecutive weekly rise.