First Call January 26, 2021
Jan 26, 2021
- S&P futures up 0.1% and off worst levels in Tuesday premarket trading.
- More market nonsense continuing with speculative stocks rallying again
- Asian equities came under big pressure overnight with Hong Kong down more than 2.5% and China offer just over 1.5% after PBOC withdrew liquidity and a central bank adviser warned about asset bubbles.
- European markets seeing good gains.
- Treasuries mostly weaker with some curve steepening following yesterday's rate rally.
- Dollar not doing much on the yen and euro crosses.
- Gold down 0.1%.
- WTI crude up 0.8%.