First Call March 16, 2021
Mar 16, 2021
- S&P futures up 0.1% and Nasdaq futures are up 0.6% in Tuesday premarket trading. Follows gains across the major averages on Monday, with Nasdaq yesterday's big outperformed.
- Retail sales data at 8:30am ET will be in focus
- Adding GDX as a new long on the Trade Ideas Sheet on the open
- European and Asian markets mostly higher this morning.
- Treasuries are mixed with some curve steepening, though the 10y continues to hold around 1.60%.
- Dollar slightly weaker on the yen and euro crosses.
- Gold up 0.2%.
- Bitcoin futures down 2.3%.
- Crude oil down 1.3%, extending yesterday's declines.