First Call February 19, 2021
Feb 19, 2021
- S&P futures up 0.3% in Friday morning trading, near best levels. US equities on track to finish mostly lower in holiday-shortened trading this week with growth and momentum notable laggards.
- Covering DE with a loss after their strong earnings. Yes it's overbought and has exhaustion signals
- Asian equities mixed overnight. Australia, Japan, and Hong Kong among worst performers while China and South Korea posted gains.
- European markets are higher.
- Treasuries weaker across the curve.
- Dollar softer on the major crosses.
- Gold down 0.3%.
- WTI crude off 2.1% and now down for the week. Goldman Sachs flagged limited impact from severe winter weather in the US.