First Call May 21, 2021
May 21, 2021
- S&P and Nasdaq futures up 0.4% in Friday morning trading after US equities posted good gains in the prior session, snapping a three-day losing streak with growth a standout.
- Asian equities mixed overnight with Taiwan, Japan, and Australia among the better performers while Hong Kong was flat and China lagged.
- European markets are higher.
- Treasuries not doing much after strengthening Thursday.
- The Dollar a bit weaker vs the yen and a bit firmer vs the euro.
- Gold down 0.1%.
- Bitcoin futures up 1.0%.
- WTI crude up 1.9%.