First Call December 4, 2020
Dec 4, 2020
- S&P futures up 0.3% in Friday morning trading ahead of the big monthly jobs report.
- Asian markets mostly higher overnight with South Korea and Taiwan the standouts, hitting new record highs with tech tailwind, while Japan lagged.
- European markets mostly higher.
- Treasuries slightly weaker across the curve following the bear steepening move earlier in the week.
- The Dollar a touch better vs yen but lagging on the euro cross.
- Gold up 0.3%.
- WTI crude up 1.1% after gaining 0.8% yesterday with some comfort around the OPEC+ deal.