First Call January 28, 2021
Jan 28, 2021
- S&P futures down 0.3% and Nasdaq futures down 0.9%. Follows biggest down day for US equities on Wednesday since October with Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq all down over 2%.
- Continued insanity with the heavily shorted stocks
- Asian equities under pressure overnight with weakness in Greater China seemingly exacerbated by the biggest PBOC liquidity drain since October.
- European equities are also weak.
- Treasuries are narrowly mixed. 10-year yields hovering right around 1% after breaking through that level on Wednesday.
- Dollar firmer vs yen and little changed vs euro.
- Gold down 0.3%.
- WTI crude off 0.1%.