First Call January 8, 2021
Jan 8, 2021
- S&P futures up 0.3% in Friday morning trading after US equities rallied on Thursday with upside leadership from growth and momentum plays.
- Big economic data on deck for this morning
- Adding one new Trade Idea long
- Asian markets mostly higher overnight with Japan, South Korea, and Hong Kong the standouts while China ended lower.
- European markets are higher.
- Treasuries narrowly mixed with a touch of steepening, adding to bear steepening move over the last few days.
- Dollar stronger vs euro and little changed vs yen.
- Gold off 1.0%.
- WTI crude up 1.4% and headed for a solid weekly gain.